In case you have a 15-inch MacBook Professional bought between September 2015 and February 2017, it’ll have a faulty battery that poses a hearth danger. That possibility induced the U.S. Federal Aviation Management (FAA) to announce a ban as of late on about 460,000 fashions from each elevate on and checked luggage. It follows a ban through its counterpart, the Ecu Union Aviation Protection Company, introduced on August 1.
Is your computer one of the vital verboten gadgets? If that is so, you wish to have to get it mounted–without spending a dime–no longer handiest to stay your commute plans however as a result of it would provide a danger to your house, place of work, or automobile. Recalled laptops which were repaired can be allowed on flights.
Right here’s how you can in finding out in case your 15″ MacBook Professional is topic to the recall:
- First, click on the Apple icon within the higher left of your display and make a selection “About This Mac” from the dropdown menu.
- Within the Evaluate portion of the popup that looks, search for the outline “MacBook Professional (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015),” or one thing equivalent.
- When you see that, make a selection and duplicate the computer’s serial quantity, which seems in the similar popup window.
- Then seek advice from Apple’s enhance web page and paste the serial quantity into the sector below the “Eligibility” phase.
- When you get a fit, practice the directions decrease down at the web page to search out the closest Apple Retailer or approved restore store, or organize to mail your computer to Apple, for the battery substitute.
- Cling onto any receipt or different documentation of the restore within the match you wish to have to end up to airport officers that your MacBook is not a possibility.
Have a secure flight!